Search Me

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Funny how I feel this way.

guilty as charged.



I don't know what I was doing when I begun counting my blessings (read: I know it sounds like bullshit, but it just happened, so STFU.) that I started to realise my past has prepared me for a helluva life ahead and I didn't even know it.

For starters, all my past relationships; they taught me how to give and take, how to hold on to what makes you really happy despite the grumpy and messed up days. That it takes two of us to make our relationship work, one cannot love the other less, or more. More importantly, it taught me to remember the many happy times, instead of the few angry days. For all the ex-boyfriends, I don't hate you, in fact I need to thank you for helping me learn so much through the heartaches. I'm in a very happy relationship for 3 years and counting.

The fact that we needed to have CCAs throughout our school lives here taught me more than anyone can ever imagine. It started in Secondary school, where I learnt endurance, perseverance, survival and respect. All because I was in an uniform group. I wouldn't be as independent and asserting if it weren't for that. And during my recent years in school, I joined a team sport where I learnt teamwork and hard work. And that practice makes perfect.

And through my very unproductive school years, I learnt that one should never take the chances thrown at you for granted, that one will not always be lucky. Putting in that extra effort may be tough but it will prove to be fulfilling at the end, and it definitely feels better than regret, remorse and tears. Even if you reap nothing at the end, you can rest your case knowing that you've tried your best even though there was no results. It's gon' be very hard to change, but I know it'll be worth every effort and I will change my ways even if it kills me.

All the temporary jobs I've taken up may have been tiring as hell and the only thing I've ever looked forward to was payday, subconsciously, I've picked up new skills and learnt more than I thought I would. Although I wished I had taken up jobs that would boost my resume then, I'm glad I did the jobs I did. It showed me things I never knew possible, forced me to view things not just from my own perspective but from the people who're involved as well. Also, how kids never respond to threats but more so to genuine love and care.

And then there are the people you meet along your way who have inspired you, warned you and foreshadowed the path you'd want/not want to take. The people who've made an impression on you, those who made you feel strongly about something. Those who you aspire to be like, you'd model after them. And those who taught you something in your journey in life. I've met a lot of people like these, some I will remember all my life, and the others who i dread. They shaped our lives, whether you like it or not.

There may be more of these lessons I don't even know I had. Despite all the complains and the tantrums, I'm glad I've experienced all these in my last 21 years. There are definitely more lessons like these to come in my future endeavor, it just takes a moment like this to realise the prize we've achieved after all the bad times we thought we had.

In all, whoever told you that our experiences and history moulds us to be who we are right now is definitely a genius who counts their blessings more often than I do. So, who or what made you to be who you are today?

No comments:

Post a Comment